Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cleopatra


So it's been a while since I've posted, but a bout of Achilles Tendonitis has kept my happy ass parked on the East Bank, "working remotely" as they say in office jargon.

Today, I was joined by DEE and Mama's Boy at Cleopatra. Now you may notice my photograph is blurry and not-too-appetizing. I would like to apologize. It's because I was hungry and not particularly interested in composition. Or neatness. Or appetizingness.

This is all because Cleopatra is delicious, delightful and always spot on.

They bake their own bread. Before the meal, they bring out pickled vegetables and olives. My meal, with tip and drink came to $13. That's with the bread, soup, hummus and rice. Not to mention the perfect gyro meat. And that stuff you dip stuff in. No idea what it is. I only know I want to marry it.

Speaking of weddings, DEE announced he planned on proposing to his girlfriend when he takes her to Paris this weekend, so congrats to DEE Z. He showed Mama's Boy and I the rock he's going to give her.

"It's the size of Alaska!" I exclaimed, wondering how quickly I could kill him, steal the ring and get out of the country.

Mama's Boy simply vomited, right there in the middle of the restaurant. Then he looked up at DEE, shook his head and vomited some more.

At which point I looked up for the waiter. "Check please."

No comments:

Post a Comment