Monday, September 12, 2011

Wild Goose Chase

It all started around 11:30. I was supposed to be going with the Snowman to meet Falcon at da Wabbit, but the Snowman was nowhere to be found. I asked the Red Nosed Reindeer if she knew where he was. "He's around here somewhere."

But he was nowhere to be found. It's hot out; I figured he melted.

While waiting for a table with Falcon, my phone rang. Turns out the Snowman wasn't a puddle of water after all. "Sorry. Got stuck in a meeting with Burl Ives. Can I still meet you there?"

"Sure," I told him, and informed the restaurant we were three, not two.

Fifteen minutes later, after our waitress had brought our beverages, Falcon said, "Did the Snowman fall into the Harvey Canal?"

As it had been quite a while, I called the Snowman. Turns out, he was with Donner, Dasher and Blitzen at 9 Roses. Snowmen. As reliable as women.

Falcon and I both had the blurry photograph of the Hamburger Steak. Well seasoned and delicious, floating in enough gravy to satiate Santa Claus and Burl Ives.


No comments:

Post a Comment