Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kim Son

According to my lunch mates (Falcon and The Snowman, Mama's Boy and Doppelganger), what I ordered is called the penis platter: (pictured below)

It's actually called Charcoal Broiled Onion Beef Roll on the menu. However, since I dine with children... but I digress.

It comes with a garden full of stuff (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, basil, mint and cilantro) and wrap all this up in rice paper.


It's entirely unlike pho, which makes sense because it's not a soup, nor does it require a spoon to eat it, even though they give you a spoon, which is something I haven't figured out yet.

Later on, I will be posting something from Mama's Boy. He visited the loo at Kim Son and found it more interesting than his meal. So hold your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment