Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Best Chicken Sandwich in NOLA



Funny thing about restaurants: you can never predict the quality of their food based solely on the place's name. Case in point, New Orleans Food and Spirits. With a name like that, one would suspect food as generic as its name.

One would be mistaken.

Now, the menu isn't the chef's tasting menu at Commander's. Sprinkled with some tasty gumbo, a few pasta offerings, fantastic onion rings, and a little bit of seafood, familiar, casual, creole with Italian influence.

And they have a chicken sandwich. Not just any chicken sandwich. The best chicken sandwich that has been or will ever be invented. A photo does not do it justice, so I will describe instead. It's a blackened chicken breast served on po boy bread, topped with swiss cheese and mayonnaise. Still doesn't sound like anything special, right?

Brain doesn't eat chicken. Not that he has a particular aversion to the bird; it just isn't something he fancies. The day I made him eat the NOFS chicken sandwich, he said to me, just afterward, "That makes me want to start my own chicken farm. I'll even chop off their heads myself if I can get another one of those."

So since I won't give you a picture of the magical chicken sandwich, I will instead show you a picture of Falcon's lunch special, paneed chicken over angel hair, topped with alfredo and marinara. Which I will be trying next Wednesday.

Falcon said it was so good, "I would beat my mother with a broom stick."

Whatever that means. But here's a picture:

1 comment:

  1. The Bon Temp Chicken is very special. You should try that once or 9 times....

    ReplyDelete